Saturday, May 13, 2006

Something different...

No link this time. Just some reminiscing on my part.

It's an unusual Saturday because I'm at work. But it's very slow, which leaves me with lots of free time. But the free time comes in 5 and 10 minute spurts, so all I can really do is check my email and blog. That's why there are so many entries today. Don't get used to it.

It's funny how a song can bring memories back in a flood. I've been listening to some Relient K today. (Christian pop/punk. Very good.) My wife introduced me to this band when we first started dating back in college. It brings back memories of kissing her for the first (and second, and third...) time.

It's not like it was all that long ago, but sometimes it feels like a lifetime. We're not in college anymore, and now we have a baby.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not missing the good old days. I'm missing my wife.

I love you, babe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Cornbread said...

M1 Thumb...the night my wife and I first kissed...she threw a dart at me...not a plastic tip dart...a real dart with a metal tip. Good thing she sucks at darts. She managed to only hit a finger. It still hurt don't get me wrong. But like the song...love hurts. I don't think that is what Nazereth was singing about in that song though. Before you think my wife is a nut, there is a lot more to the story...that's another story for another time though. And actually she kissed me first. I'm shy what can I say. I couldn't bring myself to make the first move. Finally she couldn't take it and kissed me. I'm irresistable I know. No song reminds me of that moment though. There was no music playing. It happened in the middle of a quiet Atkinson street at like 4AM. Someday I'll share the story of our first date and why we HAD to go like 90 mph on Route 6 through Coal Valley to the Interstate....I must be iresistable to have got a 2nd date with her after that night. Maybe she thought I was a 'bad boy'...a real rebel. Maybe it was out of sympathy...ouch I hope not.

Sorry you couldn't see your wife on Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to her by the way.

Mine graduated today with her Masters. Very proud of her. Now only if she'd get her PHD so I could quit my job and she'd be my Sugar Mama.

14/5/06 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home