Friday, May 12, 2006

Intro

My then-girlfriend (now wife) and I once tried to start a newsletter on our ultra liberal college campus. We were going to call it The Subversive. We even created the first issue and planned to print it out in the computer lab utilizing hundreds of tuition-paid pages of rainforest-made paper. But our plan fell through. Some things are easier to dream about than to actually execute.

Besides, making out was more fun.

So here I am again working in my own little way as a force for change. I proudly and regularly exercise my Second Amendment rights. With a little practice, maybe this First Amendment thing will be just as good.

Well...any of you who have ever had the joy of shooting a gun know that what I just said is aiming pretty high.

So why the Subversive? To answer the question, I have to quote Webster's dictionary. I hate it when people do that. All the worst graduation speeches start out with "Webster defines success as..." or "Webster defines dreams as..." Gag me. Okay, with my trepidation about doing this well stated, let me say that (cringe) Webster says that subversive is esp: a systematic attempt to overthrow or undermine a government or political system by persons working secretly from within.

No, I'm not a government employee. But I am a part of this political system.

And no, I'm not talking about violent overthrow.

Yet.

Anyway, if you happen to stumble across my little web abode, welcome. I hope you find some enjoyment and some food for thought. Feel free to post comments.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pumped about the site and will be checking it daily...along with drudgereport, anncoulter, redstate, and huskerpedia- that's not a bad list in which to be included. nice work!

13/5/06 10:52 AM  
Blogger M1Thumb said...

Thanks for reading! That is a good list to be in. I'll add Drudge to my links for your navigating ease.

13/5/06 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"making out was more fun"??? you just never know what you're going to learn on your 25th Mother's Day. Thanks to you for giving me my 1st M.Day. Great job on the blog. You have such a gift..

14/5/06 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home