Friday, May 12, 2006

One more...

Alright, one more entry for the night. This has been my first day posting to my blog and I've been enjoying it. I surely won't average three posts a day, but I have an unusual amount of free time on my hands right now, so I decided to spend it blogging.

I like these guys. The immigration debate isn't my main item of political interest, but it keeps coming up, so I'll address it. The Minutemen have done something radical. They have taken a real-world stand for what they believe. They have put their beliefs into action with more than words and ralllies and signs and chants.

They face all sorts of slander for it, too. Speaking of rallies, they had a presence at one in DC recently. Read about it here. (CNN actually gives them positive coverage.) Their opponents were there screaming at them and calling them racists, Klansmen, Nazis, and so on and so forth.
Baseless assertions, to be sure, but scathing nonetheless.

I guess this isn't a very exciting post on my part, but for once it's nice to see people actually stand up and take action. I'm curious to know what other issues will incite the same level of passion in the future. What other Minuteman Projects will be born of problems that eventually become too big to ignore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home