Tuesday, October 31, 2006

We're the Only Ones Feeding You to the Lions Enough

Click the title of this post for a link to an article that is certain to turn your stomach and boil your blood.

To summarize:

1. Teen walks along sidewalk holding a Bible and a cordless phone shouting, "I want Jesus."
2. Officers approach him and he "becomes combative."
3. They Taze him for not being "compliant."
4. He dies.
5. No one is held accountable and the Only Ones refuse to "discuss the matter further."

So what if I'm walking down the street not shouting something? What if officers approach me and I ignore them and keep on walking? Am I just asking for a good tazing?

I guess I missed the part where we passed laws empowering the police to harrass you at will and force you to comply with their arbitrary orders.

Sometimes it's especially hard to be a Christian. If I was in that kid's dad's shoes, the fact that I am a Christian is the only thing that would stop me from doing a little urban feral pig hunting, if you catch my drift.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, trust me!! I catch your drift!! I would be in the same boat!!

2/11/06 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home